Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Staying Unruffled


The latest wax emulsion painting. I am completely taken with this medium; meaning to post here, having so much to share (lots of announcements coming soon) but wanting every possible moment to work in the studio. I am so booked up this summer that I feel like I have to make use of every moment now.

I'll be attending the Encaustic Conference in Provincetown, Massachusetts in a month, teaching Painting from the Hot Palette encaustic at EncaustiCamp in July and of course presenting the Plaster Online Workshop with Stephanie Lee beginning June 13th.


I've been formulating a recipe to use in plaster projects that will stand up to vigorous water media brushwork and take a crisp intaglio line - yes, there will be things in the class that aren't in the book and vice versa. So add to my list of upcoming events a trip to southern Oregon to check in with Stephanie, plan the online book launch party, stay up late, cook up future plans and make a bunch of messy art. 

I want the whole world to get excited about making art. Then everyone's hands will be too busy for the mischief of war, competition and other such tomfoolery. A simple, good life. Good food, loving families, cooperation, community, time for friends and a slower pace. That's what I'm all about. Hug your neighbor. 




16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: your last paragraph:
YES, YES, and YES. Wouldn't life be grand that way?! Judy for president!
MF

Clare Wassermann said...

Please Judy I elect you Queen of the World. You have a great policy!! xx

lyle baxter said...

judy, count me in on your wish for the world! my daily goal is to make someone smile! its amazing what a smile can do! so smiles to you and keep on with the wonderful work!I love seeing what you are up to!

Ro Bruhn said...

A big hug from down under, if only artists ruled the world, it would be full of colour and inspiration.

Kim Mailhot said...

Oh, Judy Wise, I love you.
I am trying really hard to live that exact way. And baby, you know I love the art making part.
You will be on my coast in a month but alas, quite a few hours away. I will imagine that we are neighbors anyway. My heart reaches...

(What awesome comments on this post too ! )

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

well now, i was already EXCITED to take your's and stephanies class. i am already signed up...now i'm over the moon!
my only regret is that i will be gone when the class starts, but will be so excited to dig in on my return.
this is so so scrumptious! thank you for your delightful POSITIVITY! it's contagious ya' know! xo

Lynn Cohen said...

"slower pace" who are you kidding?
LOL
Beautiful art Judy...I really like this new style you are finding in the wax...
Call it what you will, and keep enjoying. ;-)

lynda Howells said...

Can't wait till your plaster bk arrives on my doorstep.Also l agree if the world was ruled by artists therte would be no warsxxxGood luck with your book partyxxlove your work..keep opn creatingxxlynda

Mary Stanley said...

Sending a big hug your way! In total agreement too! loving your new work!

Sweet Lily said...

Absolutely fantastic!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit. :)

Unknown said...

whaou! very good

dewatobay said...

it's the day after binLaden news - so it was calming to read your last paragraph.

Seth said...

Loving the color palette in this piece.

Tanja Z. said...

yes, AMEN to that last paragraph! so true, well said...

Parabolic Muse said...

What an amazing piece. Yes, I think if the artists and scientists ruled the world it would be so much nicer a place. Reason and Beauty. YAY!

Renee Troy said...

Brilliantly said...great philosophy!
Can't wait to get your book. Love Stephanie as well. You two go hand in hand. Glad your working together.